Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Inspired by Leanimal.

Well, I've done it! I created this jacket from scratch with no real pattern, and then I WORE it! (since you have to wear the things that get posted here.) I wore it to a little show, the fossil fools, at a pizza place, and I actually got some compliments on it from people whose fashion I admire. I am pretty proud ( pretty and proud) This is made out of thick jersey, and it was inspired by Leanne, season 5 of Project Runway. I had a little bit of a rough time with sewing the button hole, but, as I sewed it very inconspicuously, it is no matter. The button and hole are hidden and cannot be seen whether the jacket is open or closed. Thanks mom for the over-the-phone help!

2 comments:

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

That is seriously so awesome Jame, I've gotta get my bum (white and pillowy) in gear and sew some clothes. I seriously would not have known that you did not buy it, you are so cool, and Mom is so great!

Kim, Byron H & M said...

WOW!!!!!! I think that may be the first handmade piece on this blog.

It looks AWESOME! I want you to be on project runway. Heidi would never tell you you were out.