Monday, October 5, 2009

happy birthday Nicole!

Today is Nikki's birthday, and as she has dedicated a birthday post to every other sibling, she deserves her own.
First of all, the fashionably part of the post. A five old Nicole is wearing a raggedy ann dress made by my mom. Its hard to tell from the photo, but the dress is tiered, and Nikki loved it so much that Mom made a matching one for her doll.
Now, the birthday post part. Nikki is the first child in our family, our oldest sister. She is perhaps the best sibling to be the oldest because she is brave and creative and not afraid to try things no one else has. She up and moved to the distant Chicago for art school after college, she was not just the first snowboarder in our family, but one of the first ever girl snowboarders, and she started the Harrison migration trend to Portland. She lives there now with Craig and Naomi, in a yellow house, and she is a graphic designer for Bullseye glass. She is also getting her masters degree, a technology focused MBA. If that isn't enough to prove her awesomeness, she rides an xtracycle and has impeccable, yet original, taste in clothes, food and music.
I love Nicole because she introduced me to a little thing called a fixie, and she makes me believe I can do anything I want to. When I grow up I want to be just like her. happy birthday Nikki!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Awwww...shucks! I loved that dress, and my doll's matching one. Isn't Mom amazing?? You got everything right (especially the impeccable taste part) except our house...we just painted it a purplish brown (I call it a "warm neutral"). Looks better than it sounds, I promise. I miss you Naenae!

Jamie said...

Don't we all want to be just like Nikki? I also wanted to mention her hilarious sense of humor. I love you Nik! Happy Birthday!

Kim, Byron H & M said...

Thank you Renee!! I'm so glad someone posted for Nikki. I had the thought this morning, but never followed through.

Thank you Nikki for showing us it is awesome to go to grad school (not once, but TWICE!)and for setting so many trends in our family. I'd also like to add that Nikki is SO interesting to talk to, I think that is a great personality trait. Love you, Nikki! Hope you have a great birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday you are fashionably awesome!

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

Renee, you forgot to mention her faults, oh wait, she doesn't have any! Maybe she does, but they are like the moon, overpowered by the sun of her awesomeness. Great Post Renee, and Happy B-Day again Nikki!
(Thanks for the snowboarding hook-up too by the way).

Brooke said...

and like the moon, her faults only come out at night.
i don't even know what that means.
happy birthday nikki!! i'm glad i get to experience your fashionably awesomeness everyday of my portland life.