Friday, September 24, 2010

Hoodie Buddies

Emphasis on the word BUDdies.

So a roommate of mine and myself went grocery shopping at the local Fred Meyer. It was news to me that Fred Meyer not only carries your everyday groceries, but also home decor, clothes, shoes, well really I think they carry everything in the world. Distracted by the non-perishable part of the store, I wondered aimlessly from section to gleaming section. I happened to be in the "teenage angst and rebel section complete with bedazzled bum pockets and camouflage shorts" when I found a priceless gem: a hoodie buddie.
What is this hoodie buddie I speak of? let me explain: a hoodie buddie is nothing less than a zip-up hoodie with earbuds attached through the shoe strings that poke out through either side of the hood. not just any earbuds. They are incorporated in the jacket, and end in a special pocket specifically designed to place an iPod. (advertised as an mp3, but let's be honest with ourselves, if you don't own an iPod you don't own a life.) I was sorely tempted to buy a buddie to take home with me, and I carted the darn thing through the entire store trying to decide if it was worth it. I ended up putting it back, but I think about it daily.


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Freddies is the best.

Matt "Hacksaw" said...

It looks cool, except for the small thing about looking like you stuck your drawstring cords in your ears. Which I used to do in sixth grade. I guess I was just ahead of the cool curve.

CJ said...

I like these HoodieBuddies. I looked into them some more and found out that they're doing a giveaway: http://ow.ly/2LV1n